110 H Canon

110 H Canon 


This printer is not for everyone and is not a substitute for a decent, stationary inkjet or laser printer. I usually have one of each going, the laser printer for big jobs and the other for photos and charts. They are great. They are inexpensive to run. They're even wireless. But they have to be connected to my network or to a computer connected to my network if I want to print to them from a mobile device, and I can't take them with me.



I got really familiar with the vagaries of mobile printing during the past couple of months while trying to help my 13 year old work out the logistics of needing to use assistive technology at school. Six out of seven teachers have been helpful and kind. ONE has been less than enthused. She grudgingly let him do the assignments on his iPad, but he had to print and delete them before class was over. Except there isn't a mobile printer in the building. The assistant principal eventually helped resolve the situation, but before we figured it out, I did a LOT of research.

I like this printer because you can connect to it in places where you do not have wifi access. This is exactly what my son needed for that one teacher until she agreed to let him email her the completed pdfs of his assignments. It's magic. You print without a computer, a cable, or a wifi network. Take it with you on trips (car trips, probably, this is small but not fit in your purse small), and you won't have to use the hotel's printer and risk leaving artifacts of personal information in the caches.

It's not fast enough or cheap enough for everyday use, but quality is excellent and performance is reliable for those times when you really actually do need to print away from home on your tablet or phone. If you want true mobility, you will need to buy the battery for it, which is about $100, or some kind of car adapter - which I am not sure is available.

110 H Canon


Comments